To use a Sagepoint example or one of your existing events as a template for a new event, follow the instructions below. These include the following:
A. How to Copy a Sagepoint example for your event
B. How to Copy an Existing Event in your Sagepoint account
C. How To View or Edit your New Event
A. HOW TO COPY A SAGEPOINT EXAMPLE FOR YOUR EVENT
1. When you have found the example you wish to copy, click on it to view the contents in your browser.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the example and click on the orange “Copy Event” button in the lower left corner. This will open a page titled “Step 1: Basic Information” that shows the fields pre-filled with information from the example.
3. To customize the example for your event:
a. For the “Event Name:” replace “Copy of (Example Name) “ with the name of your event or sign-up sheet, i.e. if you’re recruiting volunteers for a festival, the Event Name could read “Fun Festival Volunteers”.
b. In the “Description box, edit the text as desired.
c. For the Start and End, use the calendar icons and pull-down menus to set the dates and times.
d. Go down to the “Location” field and enter the location name, i.e. “Mason Elementary” or “The Church Courtyard”. To enter the street address, click on the orange “Click Here” text and fill in the fields. (Adding the street address will enable map and directions for your event page.)
e. Go down to the “Organizer” field: Enter your name, e-mail and phone number.
f. Leave all the other fields as is and click the “Save Draft” button.
4. You will now be asked to create a free account on Sagepoint
a. Click on “Join for Free Here”, fill out the form, and click “Create Account”
b. Go to your e-mail and look for an “Account Activation” e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the link in the e-mail to activate your account.
5. Go back to http://www.sagepoint.com and login. Your “Home” Dashboard will display. You should see your event listed in the center of the left side under “Your Events & Sign-ups”. Follow the instructions in C. TO VIEW OR EDIT YOUR NEW EVENT.
B. HOW TO COPY AN EXISTING EVENT IN YOUR SAGEPOINT ACCOUNT
Both events you previously created and events that you were invited to by others can be copied. When copying events you created, the e-mail addresses of people you invited will be copied to the new event. When copying events created by others, the e-mail addresses will not be copied.
1. Login to your Sagepoint account and locate the event you want to copy.
2. Click on the copy icon, , to the right of the your event name. This will open a page titled “Step 1: Basic Information” that shows the fields pre-filled with information from the event you are copying.
3. Follow the instructions from Step 3 of “How to Copy a Sagepoint Example” to enter the “Basic information” for your new event and “Save a Draft”. Then follow the instructions below to “view or edit your new event.”
C. HOW TO VIEW OR EDIT YOUR NEW EVENT
To View the Event, click on the event name, i.e. “Fun Festival Volunteers” to see your Event Page. (See the list at the bottom of this page for a list of Event View Options.)
To Edit the Event,
Option 1: From the “Event View”, scroll to the bottom and click the orange “Edit” button. This will open the edit screen for your event where you can further modify the event information, add, delete, or edit sign-up and fundraising information, and add e-mails for recipients.
Option 2: Click on the “Home” tab or the “Event” tab, locate your Event. Click on the pencil icon, to the right of the event name. This will also open the edit screen for your event where you can further modify the event information, add, delete, or edit sign-up and fundraising information, and add e-mails for recipients.
When you are done editing, click “Save Draft” to save for further revisions or to send later OR click “Save & Send” if you are ready to send.
See the list of “How To’s” and “Tutorials” for additional details on editing.
ADDITIONAL EVENT VIEW OPTIONS:
When “Viewing the Event”, the following features are also available:
- Click the “Printable View” in the upper middle/right to get printable sign-up sheets, flyers with QR codes, or maps and directions
- Assign people to sign-up items or tasks
- Enter RSVP’s for people who respond to you verbally
- Use the “Organizer Tools” to create a “custom event link”, export a CSV file of your data, or display your sponsor information on other pages or websites.
See the list of “How To’s” and “Tutorials” for additional info on these View features.